Lip Enhancement San Diego
There’s no question that plump, sultry lips are in. But what do you do if your lips are naturally thin, have lost volume with age, or don’t have the shape you want? While makeup can enhance the appearance of lips, it isn’t the best solution and often has to be meticulously applied and touched up. However, with recent advancements in aesthetics there a multitude of options for lip enhancement that can give you the beautiful, full lips you have always wanted in a semi-permanent or permanent way. Which is the best option for you and your aesthetic goals? The experts at The Laser Cafe in San Diego, CA weigh in.
What is lip enhancement?
Lip enhancement can refer to any number of procedures or treatments done to change the size, shape, or texture of a patient’s lips. There are a number of ways that practitioners perform lip enhancements.
Some popular lip enhancement procedures include:
- Fat Transfer: A fat transfer involves taking fat from one part of your body and putting it into the lip area. The results vary, as anywhere from 20-80% of the fat injected will be accepted by the body into the lips. Swelling lasts can last for several weeks and touch ups may be needed, but the results are generally long-lasting.
- Implants: The most permanent of lip enhancement options, but also the most costly. Made of silicone, lip implants are specially shaped to provide permanent lip augmentation. They are inserted through two incisions in the lips. While the results are long-lasting, the recovery for this lip enhancement procedure is the longest.
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: While every lip enhancement option has its pros and cons, at The Laser Cafe’s favorite option for our San Diego patients is hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm or Restylane. Lip enhancement with HA dermal fillers allows for precision, immediate results, and little recovery time.
What’s the best option for you? Come give us a visit and we can discuss your choices with you during a consultation.
What is the benefit of lip enhancement with hyaluronic acid fillers?
Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm and Restylane are our top choice for lip enhancement for a number of reasons. Hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally produced by the body that diminishes with time, often leading to many of the quintessential signs of aging. Both Juvederm and Restylane utilize different formulations of a pliable, gel-like form of hyaluronic acid to provide lasting, yet natural-looking lip enhancement.
Some benefits of lip enhancement with fillers include:
- Not permanent and reversible: While the idea of permanence may seem like a simple solution, many people end up wanting a different look at some point. HA fillers naturally dissolve over time, leaving the option of repeating treatment up to you. Furthermore, if you are ever unhappy with your results, the filler can be dissolved.
- Allows for precision: During a consultation, one of our practitioners can evaluate your lips and talk to you about your aesthetic goals to decide precisely where to administer injections. This allows for tailored results.
- Little risk of adverse reaction*: Because hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body, there is little risk for an allergic reaction.
- Minimal recovery time: Most patients will experience some swelling immediately after treatment, but this usually subsides quickly. Patients are free to return to their normal daily activities right away.
- Long-lasting results: While lip enhancement with hyaluronic acid fillers is not permanent, the results can last up to a year depending on the product used.*
How do I learn more?
Are you interested in lip enhancement? If you have been looking at options to finally get the full, kissable lips you want, but don’t know where to start, the Laser Cafe in San Diego, CA is a great place to start. We offer a variety of hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm and Restylane for lip enhancement that will give you natural-looking results without surgery or downtime. Give us a call today to learn more about our no-downtime aesthetic treatments and to book a consultation to learn more about your options for lip enhancement in San Diego! We can’t wait to be apart of your aesthetic journey!
*disclaimer: Individual results may vary. A consultation is required before any procedure at the Laser Cafe in San Diego, CA.